Welcome to the Performance Development blog – with articles and video clips to help you be the best you can be. Some of the major themes include …
- The Job Interview : how to prepare for, and how to present yourself confidently at the job interview. Now-days the employment market is so fiercely competitive, you need any edge that you can get. This page offers plenty of advice, including how to handle your nerves at the job interview. Unfortunately, it is a myth that the best person will win the job – the reality is you need to be able to sell yourself and understand how the interview game is played!
- Management Skills : If you are either new to management, or simply wanting to polish your existing management skills, then this page offers a wealth of tips. For example, how to motivate staff, how to delegate effectively and some useful reminders on how to manage your time. The Management Skills page features video clips from some of the leading experts in the field of leadership development, who share some great advice for new and experienced managers.
- Conflict : In any relationship, either at home or in the workplace, some degree of conflict is almost inevitable. One measure of our personal effectiveness and also our well-being, is whether we can learn to confidently deal with conflict situations – this page offers some practical advice. The page also refers to our new e-workbook, called “Seven Keys To Becoming More Assertive”. If you are concerned that too foten you are not speaking up, and you worry too much about avoiding conflict, then you would find this personal development Assertiveness e-workbook a very useful resource.
- Motivation : This page offers many personal development ideas and inspirational messages, to assist you in remaining self-confident, positive and inspired – and also offers some guidance on how to overcome any fear or self-doubt that may be holding you back. The Motivation page contains video clips that will give you an immediate lift!
- Stress : To retain a sense of well-being in our often hectic lives, we are reminded of the need for a healthy work-life balance. and to take time for relaxation. The Stress Management page also offers techniques that may assist you in re-discovering that feeling of inner calm and peace.
- Teams: If you are in any type of leadership role, then you need to be able to build teamwork and understand the dynamics of effective team decision-making. The Team Building page offers team-building tips and resources.
This site will continue to grow, and I hope you find that it offers you useful resources to support both your personal development and your professional development.